Making SQA Assessor and Verifier Awards Work for Your Organisation
Are you thinking of introducing or refreshing your internal Vocational Qualifications, Customised Awards, or a Competence Programme?
Deciding on whether to invest in accredited assessor or verifier qualifications can be a challenge, and they’re not for everyone, or every organisation. Like everything, there are pros and cons.
However, there can be many reasons for needing them, from client expectations, your company competency management strategy, a goal to achieve best practice or investment in your people – whatever it is, you’ll want them to be successful, and ensure you get the return on your investment, drive your learning and development strategy and your business plan forward.
To make these qualifications work for everyone involved, here are a few pointers that you can benchmark against:
- Your people need to complete the qualifications (it sounds obvious, but it is not always achieved)
- You need your new assessors and verifiers to not only hold a qualification but also know how to assess and verify in your company’s unique set-up
- They should leave the process feeling motivated, enabled, and importantly, competent, and ready to start
Of course, a successful programme of training and accreditation won’t happen on its own, it needs to be planned and managed.
So, we would urge you to consider the following:
- How does your programme fit into your HR build strategy to develop and accredit your new supervisory staff?
- What is driving the need for the qualifications and how do you keep a focus on this?
- Who will you involve, how will you organise and structure your approach, and is it sustainable?
- How will you create a programme of training, assessment and implementation that secures completion of qualification?
- What does success look like to you?
Join us in our upcoming webinar where we’ll be discussing all the above in more detail. Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/843713971763853840