A Learning and Competency Management Software Solution from Polaris Learning
THE CHALLENGE: MAKING AN ONLINE LEARNING AND COMPETENCY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM WORK FOR YOU
Many organisations need an online, competency management system but choosing one that will work first time, now and in the future, can be difficult.
Yet , it is important to get this right. Recruiting, keeping and developing your talent can be a challenge.
Making sure that you have a competent team able to succeed in the current role, able to work safely and also in a position to develop as your organisation evolves, is an important part of people management.
Keeping on top of the changing training, competency and compliance requirements for each job position and each person in that role is an on-going task.
And making sure that you can record the information accurately, access it quickly and be confident that you have no errors, can be time consuming. Being able to demonstrate to third parties that you have an effective system for managing competency is essential and an online competency management system tailored to your industry can be essential.
These are business critical processes that an organisation cannot afford to get wrong.
PLUS, An Online Learning and Competency Management System by Polaris Learning
PLUS, our learning and competency management system is designed to be a flexible tool that allows different solutions to be put in place. You can use it as a minimum to manage your compliance. You can also use it to bring greater value to your organisation, using learning and competency to drive your organisation forward.
Integrated Learning And Competency Management
You can use PLUS to record, track, manage and report on competencies across your organisation. You can also integrate this with online learning from short knowledge questions to full online learning programmes and qualifications. You can use our off-the-shelf online learning courses or we can create tailored online courses or customised learning designed for your organisation, linked to your competencies, depending on your strategy, or create your own online training academy.
GETTING IT RIGHT FIRST TIME
We have designed our approach to an online learning and competency management system having spent over 26 years helping organisations with competency management strategy and implementation, learning and development strategy and practical solutions, and supporting organisations to achieve their goals in a sustainable way so that they can get the right solution for them, first time.
In this time, we have taken many organisations through the process of moving their training and competency systems from paper based to online solutions, creating sustainable and robust programmes. Often we are involved from the start but on many occasions we have been asked in to help get a competency management project back on track, when everyone involved has been through the process too many times and is pretty exhausted by it.
Therefore, we have seen time and time again what works and what does not work in training, learning, development and competency, and we have used this knowledge and experience to design a simple and effective solution that can help you move towards a learning organisation whether you are following a compliance, quality improvement, people, qualifications or cultural change strategy.
Our aim at Polaris Learning is to create an optimum learning, development and competency strategy that will meet your organisation’s goals and needs, and help your team thrive and excel.
With our learning and competency management system, we can help you to turn this strategy into a sustainable working process that will integrate separate learning and assessment activities into a coherent single point solution.
Reducing Risk Through Online Learning and Competency Management Software
There are lots of drivers for an online learning and competency management system from compliance, quality improvement, people, qualifications to a cultural change strategy.
First and foremost, however, learning and competency management systems should help you reduce the risks faced by your organisation. This is very relevant to our clients working in high risk industries but is important for all industries. For this reason, our risk management approach is designed to help you reduce and minimise your serious hazards and other risks.
However, if you are following a strategy beyond compliance which many of our clients are, our methodology will reflect this to ensure that your approach to competency management is driving your strategy forward.
Competency Management Software: Confidence That it Will Work
We developed this solution based on our experience of working with clients to create streamlined competency management solutions.
This taught us that having an integrated solution is critical from every stakeholder’s perspective. For a competency management system to work, there has to be ownership and transparency from top to bottom within the organisation.
- Job holders have everything in one place with clear tracking, priorities and easy access to everything they need
- Supervisors have visibility of team progression and ability to check individual competencies and courses
- Management have visibility of team progression and access to essential reports and statistics
SIMPLE AND INTUITIVE TO USE
Our aim at Polaris Learning is to create an optimum training and competency strategy that will meet your organisation’s goals and needs.
With our online learning and competency management system, we can help you to turn this strategy into a sustainable working process that will integrate separate learning and assessment activities into a coherent single point solution.
KEY FEATURES OF OUR ONLINE LEARNING AND COMPETENCY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Manage Your Training Function:
- Complete on the job training and assessments
- Complete training and assessments against Standard Operating Procedures
- Complete training and assessment against nationals standards of competence where required
- Quickly identify training needs for the individuals, teams or the organisation
- Track the effectiveness of training
Manage Competency in Your Organisation:
- Create your own tailored competency frameworks or use off the shelf ones based on best practice
- Link training and competency to plan employee development
- Record the assessment, capture the evidence, sign-off the assessment and verification all in one place
- Monitor progress against competency and be able to quickly identify problem areas
Manage Your Talent:
- Get a snapshot of training and competency whenever and wherever it is needed
- Match talent requirements with the training and competency of your existing employees
- Target your learning and development resource to where it is needed
- Plan recruitment, retention and succession planning
- Compare performance across individuals, teams, departments and locations
- Ensure employees meet compliance requirements
- Be clear that the right employees have the right training at the right time
- Prove competency: be ready for internal or external audits whenever or wherever
BUILD IN LINKED LEARNING
Integrated Learning And Competency Management
You can use PLUS to record, track, manage and report on competencies across your organisation. You can also integrate this with online learning from short knowledge questions to full online learning programmes and qualifications.
You can use our off-the-shelf online learning courses or we can create tailored online courses or customised learning designed for your organisation, linked to your competencies, depending on your strategy, or create your own online training academy.