SQA L&D Level 3
Overview of the qualification
SQA L&D Level 3 is designed for learning and development practitioners who deliver training to groups and/or individuals and who may also have workplace assessment responsibilities.
SQA L&D Level 3 is also suitable for those workplace assessors who have a wider role in developing the skills and knowledge of the candidates they assess.
The training can be delivered on your site or through blended learning.
An overview of the qualification requirements
Learners complete six units to achieve this qualification. Learners must complete all the mandatory units and a selection of further units listed below. The duration of SQA L&D Level 3 varies and is dependent on opportunity.
- Plan and prepare specific learning and development opportunities (L&D4)
- Engage and support learners in the learning and development process (L&D8)
- Reflect on, develop and maintain own skills and practice in learning and development (L&D10)
- Managing learning and development in groups (L&D6)
- Facilitate individual learners in the learning and development process (L&D7)
- Identify individuals’ learning and development needs (L&D2)
- Develop and prepare resources for learning and development (L&D5)
- Assess workplace competence using direct methods (L&D9D)
- Assess workplace competence using direct and indirect methods (L&D9DI)
- Evaluate and improve learning and development programmes (L&D13S)
We can also provide information on a selection of Management National Standards units.
What happens next?
Learners will be issued with an assessment pack for their chosen units and they will be required to complete these as they gather evidence of their competence for the qualification.
Learners are supported throughout the qualification by a Polaris Learning consultant.
As SQA L&D Level 3 is a vocational qualification (on the job), learners must have the opportunity to complete the qualification. We can discuss this with you and help assess whether the qualification is achievable.