Assessor Refresher Training
WHY MIGHT YOU NEED ASSESSOR REFRESHER TRAINING?
There are many reasons why you might need refresher training for your assessors:
- You might see trends in the assessing that suggest some refresher training would be helpful
- Perhaps they have not had to do some assessing for a while and now you need them to start assessing again
- Or perhaps you need to demonstrate to a client or an industry body such as OPITO that all your assessors complete assessor refresher training
We can help you by providing short assessor refresher courses. These can be online using our blended learning portal PLUS or they can be through workshops delivered on your premises.
These short courses cover all the essentials of assessing from:
- A reminder about what competence is and the role of assessing within this
- A refresher on how to organise and prepare for assessing
- How to carry out assessments including discussion and questioning skills, how to judge and record evidence
- And finally, how to provide feedback to those who are being assessed
BUILDING IN YOUR PROCESS AND PAPERWORK
We can build your assessment process and paperwork into the training so that your assessors are also being reminded about what you require. The CPD Assignment also requires your assessors to reflect on your organisation’s competency management system including paperwork and processes.
AN OVERVIEW OF THE ASSESSOR REFRESHER WORKSHOP
This would be a 0.5 day workshop covering:
- Introduction to Assessment
- Planning and Assessing Competence
- Providing Feedback
We would refer to your own process and paperwork as a refresher
AN OVERVIEW OF THE ASSESSOR REFRESHER TRAINING WITH PLUS
We follow a similar approach on PLUS and the modules are:
- Module 1: Introduction to Assessment
- Module 2: Planning and Assessing Competence
- Module 3: Providing Feedback
POST TRAINING: CPD ASSIGNMENT
At the end of both training options, the assessors complete a short CPD Assignment which covers:
- Step 1: Candidate Report
- Step 2: A Knowledge Assignment
- Step 3: A Reflection on Key Learning Outcomes
As part of a reflection on Key Learning Outcomes, we encourage the assessors to include any feedback on how they found working with your organisation’s competency management system.